Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
I love this as a dip, but also love to make little appetizers by mixing the ingredients and filling mini fillo dough cups with it - then bake for 10-12 minutes. (Kim made it this way at her Christmas party.)
- 8 slices center cut bacon,chopped
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 rounded teaspoons prepared Dijon style mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, available on dairy aisle
- 3 scallions
- chopped 1/2 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- Baby carrots and a selection of spiced flat breads, cocktail sized pumpernickel or rye breads, or sliced whole grain baguettes, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown bacon in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Drain crisp bacon bits on paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, Swiss and scallions with cooked bacon. Transfer to a shallow small casserole or baking dish and bake until golden and bubbly at edges, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Top with chopped smoked almonds.
- Place dip on a platter and surround warm casserole with breads and carrots for dipping.