Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pepper Steak

Here is one of our old standby meals (given to me by Jessica D.). We all enjoy it and it is easy to throw together...I will admit that I leave out the celery and the tomatoes (we aren't fans of either).

1/4 oil
1 lb beef, cut in thin strips
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 clove garlic
1 1/2 tsp. ginger
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped bell pepper
3 stalks sliced celery
1 T. cornstarch
1 c. water
2 tomatoes

Brown beef, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in oil. Keep tossed and cook until tender. Add onion, pepper and celery. Mix cornstarch and water and add to above. Stir and cook until thick. (You can add a little more water and soy sauce to make more sauce for rice, if desired.) Add tomatoes cut in wedges and heat through. Serve over rice.

1 comment:

Beth Hames said...

I love the idea of this blog. It's going to be great! I hope to see some pictures of these recipes too!