Thursday, December 11, 2008
Jon's Chicken Parmesan
I made this for the first time last night, and it was so easy and good. Great for serving 8 or having leftovers, or in Jon's case serving 4 . . . .
1. Boil water for cooking pasta (I prefer thin spaghetti)
2. Preheat oven to 350 for baking garlic bread
3. Prepare tomato sauce (I use Muir Glen Organic in a jar - 2)
To prepare chicken:
1. Take 4 chicken breasts and slice in half then pound flat
2. Coat each piece with egg (I use 2 eggs in a pie plate with a little whipping cream)
3. Coat each piece with bread crumb mixture (in a large ziploc I mix Italian bread crumbs, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, S&P)
4. Place in refrigerator for a few minutes to set
Heat small amount of oil in a skillet and cook chicken; they are so thin it will only take 3-4 minutes per side. While chicken is cooking, cook pasta, bread and heat sauce.
To serve, I place pasta on plate, cover with sauce, put chicken on top of that with a little more sauce and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.