Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jon's Chicken Parmesan

I made this for the first time last night, and it was so easy and good.  Great for serving 8 or having leftovers, or in Jon's case serving 4 . . . . 

1.  Boil water for cooking pasta (I prefer thin spaghetti)
2.  Preheat oven to 350 for baking garlic bread
3.  Prepare tomato sauce (I use Muir Glen Organic in a jar - 2)

To prepare chicken:
1. Take 4 chicken breasts and slice in half then pound flat
2. Coat each piece with egg (I use 2 eggs in a pie plate with a little whipping cream)
3. Coat each piece with bread crumb mixture (in a large ziploc I mix Italian bread crumbs, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, S&P)
4. Place in refrigerator for a few minutes to set

Heat small amount of oil in a skillet and cook chicken; they are so thin it will only take 3-4 minutes per side.  While chicken is cooking, cook pasta, bread and heat sauce.

To serve, I place pasta on plate, cover with sauce, put chicken on top of that with a little more sauce and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

No comments: